Innovative Yoga and Meditation Studio to Open with a Full Week of Complimentary Classes
Urban Souls, a new wellness studio designed to help busy urban dwellers unplug and recharge through a variety of innovative yoga, meditation and sound experiences, will open its doors to the public on April 15th, 2019.
Located on the fourth floor of 100 Hudson Street in downtown Hoboken, Urban Souls will offer a full schedule of classes taught by seasoned instructors, some with strong local followings. Featuring a welcoming and airy setting with eco-friendly cork floors and expansive arch windows that bathe the space in natural light, the studio will serve as a peaceful escape from the bustling city and everyday stresses that can take a toll on minds and bodies.
Urban Souls is the brainchild of longtime Hoboken resident and Life Coach Karen Flannery and experienced Yoga and meditation teacher Brendan Gibbons. The partners recognized a need for a tranquil space for both practiced yogis and beginners alike. Their inspiration for the studio stems from a desire to create a supportive, inclusive environment that promotes healthy connectivity on a deeper, more meaningful level. Flannery notes that even though we are constantly connected through our smartphones, computers and social media, many of us feel disconnected with ourselves and those around us. Urban Souls aims to bridge that gap.
“At Urban Souls, seekers of all kinds can get reacquainted with how wonderful healthy connection feels,” she says. “It’s a place for exploration, where a truly unique variety of classes and workshops are mindfully crafted to cultivate wellness—deep connection to mind, body, and spirit—simply by design.”
Visitors can begin to leave their stresses at the door as soon as they enter Urban Souls’ Open Space, a casual community room where they can enjoy a cup of tea, practice meditation, watch a Ted Talk, or simply take a moment to map out the rest of their day.
Urban Souls’ full slate of yoga and meditation classes will take place from morning to evening to accommodate busy schedules and life commitments.
“Each session incorporates varying practices to cater to shifting needs throughout the day,” explains Gibbons. “Class offerings range from 30-minute “mind-resets” that are perfect for lunch breaks or after work, to full-length yoga flows to live music-infused experiences.”
In celebration of its Grand Opening, Urban Souls is offering its first week of classes from April 15 to April 21 at no cost. Discounted rates on future classes will also be available until the end of the first week.
- Rise & Prime – Yoga Kick-start the day with an energizing morning flow that seamlessly integrates breath, yoga, and inspiring music in a refreshing 60-minute session.
- Rise & Prime 3.0 – Meditation An inspiring 30-minute breathwork and meditation session, for newbies and experienced practitioners alike, balancing breathwork, progressive body scans, silent mantra meditation, and guided mindfulness journeys.
- Slow Groove – Yoga By linking full, unhurried breath with slow, steady, gentle movements, and holding postures for several breaths, we’re challenged to play with our edge while exploring alignment details and modifications at a comfortable pace.
- Slow Groove 3.0 – Meditation A breathwork and meditation session designed to calm the body, bring mindful curiosity and openness to the present moment, and set you on a steady course as you navigate the rest of the day.
- Unplug’d – Yoga A rejuvenating lunch-hour session that realigns the spine, opens cramped hips, and mobilizes stiff joints. Carefully chosen poses will nourish musculoskeletal and increase blood flow to restore “chi”—life force energy.
- Unplug’d 3.0 – Meditation A 30-minute journey that explores rhythmic breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and guided meditation.
- Urban Drift – Yin & Yoga Nidra A combination of Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra.
- Urban Warriors – Yoga At once vigorous and cathartic, you’ll groove to an experiential landscape of flow and breath set to DJ-quality playlists.
- Weekend Wind Down – Yoga + Vino Cheers to health and happiness with a relaxing yoga session followed by a tasty glass of vino.
- Connective Range Conditioning – Alt Movement Combining the benefits of yoga, movement arts, and science-based training principles to train, strengthen, and nourish the connective tissues in your joints through specific mobility protocols.
- Urban Oasis – Restorative Yoga Release deeply held tension by “steeping” in passive, supported poses amidst a mellow soundscape.
- Evening Chill – Yoga Come back to your breath, slow down the frenetic pace of urban living, tune into what your mind-body needs most—then relax deeply with a sweet, restorative finish.
- Melt® Method – Alt Movement A gently active, restorative technique that helps to relieve aches, pain and stiffness— while bringing your body back into needed balance.
- Kick It*OM – Alt Movement Combo of high-intensity exercise and measured, gentle movements, Kick It*OM blends calisthenics, kickboxing, and yoga to tone, strengthen, and promote flexibility.
- YIN – Yin Yoga Targets the mind-body connection just like other styles of yoga, yet with prolonged holding to not only stretch muscles, but to move directly into the connective tissues that hold everything in place.
For more information about Urban Souls’ studio and classes, and to take advantage of a pre-sale unlimited monthly membership offer, please visit https://www.urbansoulsyoga.com/ or email email@example.com