Nine New Jersey schools have been named 2021 National Blue Ribbon Schools. The National Blue Ribbon Schools is one of the highest education honors given by the federal government.
According to nj.com, the award is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps. This year, 325 schools nationwide were honored.
“This year’s cohort of honorees demonstrates what is possible when committed educators and school leaders create vibrant, welcoming, and affirming school cultures where rich teaching and learning can flourish,” U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona said as he announced the winners.
The New Jersey’s winners are:
- North End School, Cedar Grove Township School District
- Hillside Elementary School, Closter Public School District
- Weymouth Township Elementary School, Weymouth Township School District
- Lucy N. Holman Elementary School, Jackson School District
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School, Jamesburg Public School District
- Torey J. Sabatini Elementary School, Madison Public School District
- Wemrock Brook School, Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District
- Walter M. Schirra Elementary School, Old Bridge Township
- Academy For Information Technology, Union County Vocational-Technical School District